So, left with some surplus poached pears from my pear and almond tart, I had the pleasure of making another treat. Normally I would have saved the fruit to chop up on my porridge or stirred it into some Greek yoghurt. However, I was spending Friday evening with some friends and so making something a little more calorific seemed like a better option.**
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan (I actually doubled the recipe*** and used my trusty slide-out brownie pan).
- Melt the butter in the microwave/pan and add the sugar, stirring well.
- Beat in the egg and the pinch of salt.
- Fold in the flour to make a smooth batter.
- Stir in the pear and the white chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 20-25 minutes or until sufficiently fudgy. As with all brownie/blondie creations it's best to be slightly undercooked than, heavens forbid, dry.
* Sorry! I get it from my Dad.
** It's always safer when I know I have to take something somewhere so I can't just slither off too many 'trial' pieces for myself before packing it away.
*** Of course, by doubling the recipe I made sure that when I did want to slither some slices to keep for Saturday night with the Housemate and Strictly Come Dancing I still had plenty to take.